Competition Time – UPDATED

The competition has now closed and the lucky winner is…..

SARAH MILES

Congratulations Sarah!

***

It’s time for a competition!

I’ve taken the plunge and have added a page to my website where you can buy prints, postcards and originals of my artwork. To celebrate the launch of my new online store, I would really love to send a free 10″ x 12″ print and a pack of 6 postcards to one of you. All you have to do to enter is tell me which of my paintings on my Gallery page is your favourite and why. Doesn’t have to be an essay – just a few words/lines will do 🙂
Comment below, or  contact me on Twitter, Facebook or e-mail.

Deadline for entry into the competition is May 3rd (midnight GMT). After that I will put names in a hat and randomly select one on May 4th. I will post a short video of me drawing the winning name below, and contact the winner to find out their preferred print and postal address.

I hope you enjoy browsing through the Gallery and Shop and Good Luck!

IMG_3187

19 thoughts on “Competition Time – UPDATED

1. acousticpaint says:

You have a lot of great paintings in the Gallery! I think my favorite is Inktober Day 2. It’s really interesting how you were able to make the ink bottle and brush nearly jump off the page! My favorite part about is how you let the ink (or is it watercolor?) seep across the page from the brush. =)

Liked by 1 person

2. Laura Harrison says:

I think my favourite is your portrait of Rosie. I love portraits anyway, but I think you’ve done an amazing job on the shading making the cheekbones really pop and the definition is lovely. She has a lovely nose too, which are so hard to capture. Anyone would be thrilled to have a beautiful portrait of themselves like this.

Liked by 1 person

3. Wendy Grabham says:

I love Twinkle Twinkle and Stargazer but I can’t tell you why I’m just drawn to the colours and could get lost in myself gazing at them. Also Motherhood because the huge outstretched arms ready to envelope the child are exactly how I feel when my now very big boys are home!! X

Liked by 1 person

1. artistgemma says:

Thanks so much Wendy! Did you manage to spot the ‘stargazer’ in the stargazer painting? Hint – she’s lying down looking up at the stars 😊 So thrilled you like Motherhood too ☺️

4. Clive Tern says:

Difficult. Magritte-esque is still a firm favorite, and on a similar line inktober day 23. But I think the vibrancy of color and the hazy impression of landscape in Mars has to be my choice.

1. artistgemma says:

Thanks Clive! Yes, the fascination for the surreal runs strongly and Inktober day 23 was a bit of fun with that. So glad you like the Marscape. I was lucky enough to have sold the original, but I foresee doing more of them in the future – especially after watching The Martian! 🙂

1. artistgemma says:

Thanks for looking Clive! I’ve left the Magritte-esque one on the gallery, but not added it to the shop, as it’s just a quick life-drawing sketch that I didn’t think would be good enough to sell 🙂

5. Kristy Takel says:

Having looked through the the gallery, you have so many lovely paintings Gemma. My favourites are the daffodil and can you spot the dragon? Daffodils are one of my favourites and we’ve planted some in our garden to remind me of home. I love the colours in can you spot the dragon? Both have the symbolism of home and I love telling my children about the things we grew up with and where I’m from.

Liked by 1 person

1. artistgemma says:

Thanks Kristy, and I’m so glad they both remind you of home! My daffodil one is really popular, and the dragon one was inspired by a comment on twitter – strange how inspiration strikes! 🙂